Recipe by Jill Michael
- 5 lbs Side Delights white potatoes
- Milk (~2-3cups)
- 1 stick butter
- 3oz cream cheese
- 14oz chicken broth
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 chopped white onion
- Garlic salt, black pepper, parsley flakes, onion powder
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes, boil until tender, drain. Set aside 2 cups of cubes.
- Take rest of potatoes and mash with milk until smooth and a bit runny.
- Add 1/2 stick butter and 3oz cream cheese, blend thoroughly.
- In separate pan, sauce the chopped celery and onion in 1/2 stick butter until transparent. Add to the soup!
- Chop the 2 cups of cubes into small pieces. Add to the soup!
- Let your creativity fly – add to taste garlic salt, black pepper, parsley flakes and onion powder.
- Cook on low in slow cooker for approximately 2hrs or high for 1hr.
- Trick – Don’t have time? Cook in an InstaPot!
“Mom tells me she never makes it the same way each time, but until I master the “to taste” skill – I follow the recipe”