Mom’s Potato Salad
Posted on: June 10th, 2019 by Kathy Michael Sponheim
Recipe by Jill Michael
- 8 Side Delights® White potatoes, medium size (cooked, cooled, peeled, and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- Parsley flakes (if desired)
Ingredients for salad dressing:
- 1 and 1/2 cups Miracle Whip
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, coarsely ground
- Put the cubed potatoes, celery, onion, and eggs (if including) in a bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients together, then add to the potatoes, celery, and onion. Mix all together.
- Spread 1 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt) into the salad and chill.
- When you’re ready to serve the potato salad, sprinkle black pepper and parsley flakes on top. Then enjoy!
- Trick – we recommend that when you cook the potatoes, you drain them and put them in the fridge whole for 2 – 3 hours. They will peel easier if they are cold.
Michael Family Farms is a 4th generation family potato business, focused on partnering with retailers and foodservice to deliver the highest quality, innovative, and freshest potatoes to our consumers. We grow, pack, and ship our potatoes to feed you – our neighbors.