Cheesy Potato Casserole
Recipe by Aunt Beth Harrigan
- 12 medium potatoes (russets whites or yellows recommended) peeled and quartered
- 8oz cream cheese
- 16oz sour cream
- 1 stick butter
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar
- Cook the quartered potatoes until tender. Drain and mash.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter and garlic salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Spray 9X13 glass casserole dish with non-stick spray, pour potato mixture into dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, cover with foil.
- Put in oven at 350 degrees covered for 45mins, then uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Trick – use 4-5 toothpicks to hold up the foil off the cheese when baking. This also holds up great as a freezer meal, replace glass dish with a foil pan and freeze for later.